Viega provides you with essential support in the planning and installation of drinking water systems: The coordinated system solutions have been tried and tested in practice for many years and support the maintenance of drinking water quality.
These risks not only threaten the health of the patients, but also lead to higher operating costs. However, the greatest damage to a health facility is likely to result from a loss of image if patients in a hospital or nursing home fall ill due to germs in the drinking water.
The two most frequent causes of such diseases are:
- An excessively high concentration of Legionella (Legionella pneumophila), usually in warm water, or
- too high a concentration of pseudomonads (Pseudomonas aeruginosa), mostly in cold water.
Legionella can be dangerous for humans if they are inhaled through nebulised water, for example when taking a shower. The germs cause Pontiac fever or Legionnaires' disease, also called Legionellosis. This is a type of pneumonia.
The Viega Hygiene+ concept for maintaining drinking water quality helps to drastically reduce these and similar risks.
Dangers to drinking water in healthcare facilities:
Interruptions of use in temporarily vacant patient rooms
stagnating water in pipes too rarely used tapping points
lack of water dynamics and temperature maintenance in oversized drinking water systems
Backflow of contaminated water into the drinking water system.
Drinking water is life. It must therefore be protected from contamination and germs. This is especially important for people with a weakened immune system.
The World Health Organization has issued guidelines for the protection of drinking water. They have been transposed into applicable law by international and national laws and regulations almost everywhere. Operators of drinking water systems in hospitals, nursing homes, etc. are particularly made responsible.
Two practical examples underline the importance of high-quality system solutions in the healthcare sector:
- Surface temperature control is a comfortable and energy-efficient solution for a pleasant room temperature. In patient and operating rooms, this type of heat distribution counteracts the turbulence of germs and dust.
- Contact-free WC flushing and hygienic floor drains for barrier-free showers increase the comfort of sanitary facilities for patients with handicaps. At the same time, such installation solutions reduce the risk of germ transmission.
- Surface temperature control systems can be integrated into floors, walls and ceilings. There is no need for radiators. Architects thus have more freedom in interior design. In addition, the risk of injury to patients and nursing staff is reduced.
Surface temperature control systems allow rooms to be heated or cooled equally - a major contribution to well-being in the sickroom and at the same time a significant contribution to energy efficiency.
Viega combines design, comfort, hygiene and economy in its pre-wall installation systems. They facilitate room design and ensure economical, soundproof installation of piping systems, and they also support the room functions themselves:
Dementia patients, for example, often forget to flush the toilet. On the other hand, people with limited mobility are often unable to activate flush triggers. The consequences for hygiene are serious. So is the cleaning effort. Viega offers tailor-made solutions for this, such as automatically triggering actuating plates.
The hygienic drainage of showers, bathtubs or floor drains completes this range of services.
How important "feeling good" is for the healing process has long been proven by science. Viega's solutions for the health sector reflect this - and at the same time improve the profitability of operating a health facility.